Friday, November 11, 2011

Week ten


Honestly I don't even know how i'm feeling, it's a mixture of a lot of things. Anxious, nervous, excited about outreach.

Three weeks three weeks. Holy cow!

Speaking of outreach i'm going to Kenya, Africa. I didn't have a place where I really felt like I should go on the list that they gave. I just knew that God spoke to me before going to the DTS and told me “I would be going to Africa” I didn't know when or who with. The first time we found out about outreach locations they weren't specific at all but Africa wasn't anywhere on the list. So I just brushed the idea of having a slight possibility of going to Africa under the rug since it wasn't on the list. But the day we finally got to write the locations we felt God was speaking to us about on a piece of paper. I put Africa because that was the only place God kept telling me so I thought “it doesn't hert to put it down”. The leaders were going to pray for every individual about the locations we put down. So they would just put me wherever they felt God was speaking to them about. So I wasn't worried. Because the leaders take a lot of time praying for this. And I didn't really care where I went anyways because I know wherever we go God will work and do amazing things. It doesn't matter where you go as long as we are following God's path. Days later, the staff announced the teams. I was the very last name to be called out. So part of me thought they forgot about me. Or they just wanted to give me a slight anxiety attack. Remember there's like 90 something students? So it took awhile to name off all the names. But yeah they named off the Asia teams, Europe team. And I thought they were finished. But they still didn't call out some of the students. So let's get on to whhat you guys really want to hear. I guess one of the staff guys really felt like he should lead a team to Africa. So yeah I'm on that team. I have such a peace about this team. I'm really happy with all the people that are on my team. I prayed on my own while the staff were still figuring out teams. And I prayed that my team would be small and that I wouldn't really know people on my outreach team. God answered my prayer. There's 16 people including the leaders and I really don't know my outreach team very much. But we are destined to be best friends after outreach one of my leaders said.
We don't really have anything that we specifically want to do I know I really want to go to orphanages, but I know one of our leaders feel led to do something with the tribe. But we kept talking about having no expectations for the trip because God could surprise us last minute. Right now we are just asking God what he has planned maybe he will wait to answer once we get into Africa who knows what's on God's heart. He has crazy plans i'm sure.
We've just been mainly thinking about important paperwork,shots(I have to get the yellow fever shot), travel insurance, individual duties either before outreach or during. We are also planning on making a blog for Africa so i'll get that link to you guys as soon as that get s started. We are also making a newsletter that I will be emailing to anyone who wants it.
I feel this past week has been so intense. It was definitely a different week than normal. It was so hard for me to focus during lecture and workshops. I felt so tired all the time which was really weird because I slept so good. I think it's just a lot of information we've been learning in the past 10 weeks and i'm still trying to process everything. So it's pretty draining. Not to mention anything with photography. Lately I haven't really felt inspired or creative with photos. Which is really frustrating to me. But I know all I can do is my best. And that I don't need to beat myself p if a photo doesn't turn out. People make mistakes that's how they get better right?


I'm really missing family. I feel like i'm going to get home and it's going to be so weird to see them in person. That i'm missing out on a part of my siblings life. But I know that's life and the life of growing up. But it just makes me sad. The next time I see my family they will all be so old. I also really miss my friends. I know i'm here for a reason and that this won't last forever ans I want to spend every second of every day for the time i'm here because soon enough it will be over. And I don't want to regret not living for today. But it's really hard to not think about what my next step in life will be. I just feel like i'm missing out on so much back at home. But I should just quit thinking about that.
The more i'm here in Germany the more I fall in love with it. And the more I think I feel so right at home here. It's actually kinda scary to think about actually. Who knows maybe God will lead me to staff here or do something here?

Prayer requests:
-Creativity with photos
-finances for outreach
-Strength, Unity with in the outreach team

If anyone has that gut feeling to help financially with outreach finances(shots,travel insurance, outreach expenses) it would be greatly appreciative. Since the exchange rate between Euros and dollars changed I need to raise some more money.


Wire transfer-
Account number: 450-718-0-600
bank name: Volksbank Lobau-Zittau
Bank number (BLZ): 855-901-00
Swift code: GENODEF1NGS
IBAN: DE82 855901004507180600
Mention MOTA DTS 2011, and Laura Quam

Or you can write a check and send it to my mom
9372 Newfound Way
Elk Grove, CA
95758

Thanks to all the people who have given money already. You guys are amazing! God has provided for everything so far. And I know he will provide for the rest of this amazing journey.


Thank you to all the staff that are always here for us when we need some pray, encouragement or advice. I just feel super encouraged that they spent so much time figuring out outreach teams. It's not like they spent 5 minutes on each individual they spent a lot more time on it. They always want the best for all of us. I feel so blessed to know the staff and spend time with them.




2 comments:

  1. I love love love hearing your heart about what God is doing in Germany-the good and the bad!!! Thank you so much, Laura. God does have it all in control. Just like you had no idea when you graduated from HS that a year later you would be on the plane headed for GERMANY-He will direct your next steps when you need Him to. I love you so much!!! MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying for you,Kenya is a beautiful country.

    ReplyDelete